Kitchen Planning, Kitchen Planner
Call our Preston Kitchen Showroom on 01772 324231 or visit us at Kitchens Preston 1a Allerton Road, Preston PR5 4QD
A good kitchen plan forms the basic foundation for your kitchen and will allow the Kitchen planner to create the basis for your design. A good kitchen planner creates a plan either on paper or using computer software which incorporates all aspects of your existing kitchen and if necessary the surrounding rooms.
The kitchen planning process should be carried out over a single visit and take into account the following aspects
- Measure the room to mm accuracy. Taking into account walls, windows doors and ceiling heights and any obstructions.
- Create a detailed plan from these measurements
- Key features of the plan ( Where Item is present in the Kitchen Design Area)
- Stop tap location Access to stop tap required. If this is not planned into the kitchen design it can be expensive to move the stop tap at a later stage.
- Boiler location wall boiler or floor boiler. Dependant on manufacturer's instructions on ventilation these can be housed in a wall unit or base unit.
- Heating and Radiator location Your designer may have to move these to incorporate new design features.
- Electric Consumer Box Location. Many modern day electrical appliances within the kitchen environment can have a very high kilowatt load. A double electric oven, some of the modern high end single ovens, some of the high end combination ovens or even Electric, Halogen and induction hobs will take over a 3kw total connected load. This may mean that your each of the appliances listed needs to be professionally wired directly into the consumer box onto its own fuse. In most Kitchen environments the kitchen should be on its own ring main as recommended by a registered electrician. Taking into consideration your consumer box position and age at this stage of the Kitchen planning allows to create a basic electric plan to be approved by a certified electrician and can prevent unwanted expense later in the project.
- Gas Position Noting your gas point at this stage of the kitchen plan allows your kitchen design to to properly plan the positioning of your gas appliances. Please note all gas work must be carried out by a gas safe engineer.
- Waste Outlet Location and External Drain Position. Assessing levels of waste outlets for sinks and dishwashers, washing machines, and waste disposal. Over the years kitchen designs have incorporated sinks under windows, however many more modern open plan designs have an island sink. The above information becomes important in this instance, as island sinks with an insufficient flow rates may require a saniflow pump.
- Position of Hot and Cold supply in reference to dishwasher, water filters, instant hot water taps, sink and washing machines.
- In a traditional kitchen extractors are usually placed against an exterior wall however, in more modern designs extractors are often placed above hobs contained within an island. In these cases detailed plans should be made to enable standard ducting, (normal size 150mm /6") flex or duct to be taken to an exterior vent.
Given all the relevant information above your B B Home design, Kitchen Designer will be able to design your dream kitchen with the minimum of hassle and stress. This also helps eliminate the potential for unforeseen costs and enables you kitchen designer to provide you with an accurate and fully transparent costing.
Creating your Kitchen Design with your Kitchen Designer
Your BB Home Design Kitchen Designer will meet with you to compile your kitchen design, and create a preliminary budget, drawings and schedule for your review. It's important to have a detailed scope of work in place so that everyone understands the plan before work commences on your dream kitchen.
Reputation for Quality
BB Home Design has been established since 1983 and has a reputation within the local area for meeting and exceeding expectations. We source the finest value for money kitchens from quality suppliers and as such are able to offer many bespoke and unique kitchen designs. We are also able to fabricate solid surface worktops such as Corian and Staron to any size and shape that your imagination can create, and by buying direct you can save up to 40% on your kitchen worktops.
Finalising the Plan and Agreeing Worklist and Installation Date
Finalize all selections, drawings and schedules (ie Final site survey dates, installation date, completion date). After a detailed plan and list of works is signed, a date for installation can be confirmed.
The Kitchen Planning & Design and Construction team at BB Home Design excel at designing and installing kitchens. To get your creative juices flowing, please browse through our complete site or call 01772 324231.